Thank you for attending a hearing held by the California Fish and Game Commission and speaking up for a healthy, protected wolf population in our state.
To RSVP use the form below.
When: Oct. 3, 9:30 a.m.
Where: 1416 Ninth Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, in the auditorium
Here are some sample talking points:
1. I was thrilled by the arrival of OR-7 in our state.
2. Wolves once roamed over most of California, and they have a place here.
3. Scientists have identified extensive habitat for wolves in Northern California and the Sierra Nevada.
4. Wolves need protection and a well-developed recovery plan if they are going to thrive in California.
5. Research following the reintroduction of wolves to Yellowstone National Park has found that wolves play a critical role in balanced ecosystems. For example, by forcing elk to move more, wolves have facilitated the regrowth of streamside vegetation, which in turn has led to stronger songbird and beaver populations.
We will contact you closer to the hearing with more information.